Overview - What is DBF Script?
DBF Script is a powerful tool which allows you to create small programs (scripts) to manage dbf files.
It is useful for the programmers who want to make something special with DBF files.
In DBF Script you can create new, edit existing, print and run scripts.
DBF Script combines fast code execution, small footprint, rich set of features and a splendid scalability. It is the most flexible and powerful tool to manage DBF files!
- Multi-language architecture allows you to use several languages (PascalScript, C++Script, BasicScript, JScript).
- Standard language set: variables, constants, procedures, functions (nested functions allowed) with var/const/default parameters, all the standard operators and statements (including case, try/finally/except, with), types (int, float, bool, char, string, multi-dimensional array, enum, variant), classes (with methods, events, properties, indices and default properties).
- Types compatibility checking.
- Access to any object inside your application. Standard libraries for the access to the base classes, controls, forms and BD. Easily expandable library architecture.
- No type declarations (records, classes) in the script; no records, no pointers, no sets (but you can use 'IN' operator - "a in ['a'..'c','d']"), no shortstrings, no GOTO statement.
- C++Script: no octal constants; no 'break' in the SWITCH operator (SWITCH works like Pascal CASE); '++' and '--' operators are possible only after the variables, that is '++i' is not allowed; '--', '++' and '=' operators do not return a value, that is 'if(i++)' is not allowed; all the identifiers are case-insensitive; NULL constant is the Pascal Null - use nil instead of NULL.
DBF Script works on Windows 95/98/NT/2000/Me/XP/Vista.